It was a magical afternoon on the 2nd of March when our Events team transformed the café into Wonderland for Shanaya’s Alice in Wonderland-Themed 1st Birthday Party.
Our team pulled out all the stops for this special Afternoon High Tea for the celebrant and her party of 50 guests. The venue was decorated with Character Cut-outs from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, an installation of Pink & Purple Balloons and a fancifully-styled Dessert Cart where the 3-tiered custom-made birthday cake was displayed in all it’s fabulous glory.
The tables were setup to match the theme as well, with the kids even having their own cute table! The whole venue was hired out, and our client brought in their own DJ and used some of the space as a dance floor and a small playground for the children.
To start off the High Tea party, everyone was served Buttermilk & Date Scones with Raspberry Preserve, Lemon Curd and Clotted Cream.
The High Tea was tweaked to accommodate some Indian-style food as requested by our client. The guests enjoyed the following savouries for High Tea and the after-party canapés:
- Lentil & Potato Dumplings with Eggplant Relish
- Veggie Samosa with Green Mango Salad
- Spiced Corn, Peas, Paneer & Potato Patties
- Crispy Fried Baby Mushrooms Tossed w/Chili, Tomatoes & Coriander
- Beetroot & Broccoli Fritter with Edamame Hummus & Chili Jam
For the sweets selection, the party had to make room for our usual High Tea items of:
- Blueberries, Vanilla Panna Cotta, Financier Verrine
- Berry Choux
- Chocolate Ganache filled with Orange Macaron with Gold
- Orange Poppy Seed Friand
- Cherry Ganache, Dark Chocolate, Copper Bon Bon
The birthday cake for the special 1-year old girl was a 3-tiered dream. It’s made of White Mud Cake with a distinct Alice in Wonderland design all made by hand. It was the perfect centrepiece for the occasion.
After the High Tea, the party went on well into the evening. Guests received a generous party favour of a Princess-styled 6″ Vanilla Butter cake which they took home along with the memories of a wonderful 1st birthday for a lucky and much loved Princess named Shanaya.
- Gold Luxe Weddings & Events – Dessert Cart
- Divine Flower Walls – Flower Wall
- Sofifi Events – Balloons
- Photography – Elaine Bernardino
- Event Styling, Food, Birthday Cake, Party Favours – The Hatter & the Hare