Boy, did we have a blast throwing a lavish Father’s Day celebration – Bollywood style!
We enjoyed every moment as we hosted the first of our Pop-up Dinner Episodes with Chef Pratt Bhoir taking over our kitchen and delivering a lavish Indian-inspired 5-course dinner.
From the moment guests entered the venue, they were treated to a burst of colours with our decorations and the two designated photo areas. Lively music also helped lift spirits up and set the proper ambience for the families joining us.
Seating was a little tight as we tried to fit almost 140 people inside the venue, but all the guests maintained a positive attitude all through the night. It might’ve been pouring outside, but inside, it was warm and everyone were in high spirits as they enjoyed each course that was set on the table.
Chef Pratt and his team from 3Idiots Richmond slaved away in the kitchen with the Hatter & the Hare team to dish out plate after plate of all the 5 courses. Our front of house staff were at their best as well, keeping each guest filled with either food or booze especially in between courses.
Our events team changed it up a bit as well as they organised a little bit of entertainment with Bollywood Dancing from the team at Just Naach. The ladies definitely provided a very lively number that kept the guests up on their feet for a few minutes at the beginning and the middle of the dinner service.
All-in-all, despite a few minor hiccups, it was quite a successful event and set a good benchmark for all our future pop-up dinner events.
As always, this wouldn’t have been such a successful event without the support we received from the community. All the hard labour of love are all worth it because of our patrons.
Our hardworking kitchen and floor staff have once again stepped up to the plate and came at their best to help deliver a challenging yet very rewarding dinner service.
We couldn’t have accomplished all of this without the following:
- 3Idiots Richmond for graciously accepting our invitation to collaborate for this very special dinner event and for providing the support staff needed to accomplish a great dinner service
- Fourth Wave Wine for supplying the specially-curated wine selection that matched each dish for the night
- Pic Cha Booth for providing the photo booth service
- Mind Society Studios for the photo and video coverage
- OZ Kaapi for serving the best Indian-filter coffee in town
- Bollywood Mandaps Australia for the very colourful backdrops we used at our designated photo areas
- Just Naach for the Bollywood dancing entertainment provided for the night