Spain is home to a rich culinary tradition largely influenced by the cultural legacies left by its various rulers across the centuries, such as Moors, Romans, Arabs, and French who introduced spices, sugar, rice, almonds, and various cooking techniques. Tapas are a somewhat of a recent invention and their origin goes back to before the 19th century and comes from the verb tapar (to cover). It is said that drinkers in taverns would use slices of bread or meat to cover their beverages to prevent insects from flying in. Tapas have evolved over the years and now include many different dishes which can be enjoyed as an aperitif or as a full meal.
If you’re ready to bite into some seriously delicious Spanish delicacies, keep on reading, and make sure to get your hands on this incredible set menu.
TAPAS NIGHT DINNER MENU
– Albondigas (small Spanish meatballs in a flavorful tomato sauce)
– Banderillas (skewer of olives, cornichons, anchovy, peppers & cocktail onion)
– Croquetas de Jamon (Spanish ham croquettes filled with a creamy bechamel sauce served with romesco)
– Ensalada Rusa (Salad with potatoes, carrots, peas, tuna, & olives in a mayonnaise)
– Empanadas (Pastry turnover with a beef brisket filling)
– Chorizo & red onion sauteed in garlic, red wine and parsley
– Manchego Flatbread
– Churros (Spanish donut served with chocolate dipping sauce)
– Arroz con leche (Rice pudding with cinnamon)
Set for 2 people: $100
Set for 4 people: $160
Bookmark the page of our online shop and that your alarms have been set. Pre-orders open on Tuesday, October 5th from 2pm onwards.
PICK-UPS & DELIVERIES
All our Dinner Journey Sets can be picked up or delivered on Friday, October, 8th between 11am and 3pm.
With the recent restrictions set in place, if you’re more than 15km away from the café, please opt to get delivery instead and avoid unnecessarily making a trip to the café. Delivery service is available for all post codes within a 25-km driving distance from the café with corresponding delivery fees applied. Take note that our team will endeavour to bring your sets to your homes as quickly as they can, but be aware that delays may be unavoidable.